WordPress is a free open-source content management system (CMS) featuring thousands of plugins, widgets and themes. It is the easiest and most popular blogging and website content management system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites using the software.
Login to your cPanel account, navigate to the section "Softaculous Apps Installer" and click the WordPress icon.
Now you should be on the the overview tab/page, click on the install tab and follow the instructions below.
- Choose Protocol: If you have SSL, select https://, otherwise, or if you're not sure, select http:// or http://www.
- Choose Domain: Keep default value, unless you have multiple domains and you wish to select a specific domain.
- In Directory: Delete default values and set it to blank. Unless you want to change the WordPress installation path.
- Database Name: Use default.
- Table Prefix: Keep default.
- Site Name: This is the name that appears to your users when they visit your site/blog.
- Site Description: Your site/blog description.
- Enable Multisite (WPMU): Leave it unchecked.
- Admin Username: The username that you will login in with into your admin area (back-end).
- Admin Password: The password that you will use it while logging into your admin area.
- Admin E-mail: Enter you email address. You will receive notifications regarding your site/blog on that email.
- Select Language: English.
- Limit Login Attempts: This option installs a plugin to limit the number of login attempts to your admin page. It helps to protect from hacking attempts and bruteforce attacks.
Now choose your favourite template, click install & you're ready to go!
Haven't started your website yet?
Sign Up Today!